Four Indoor Hydroponic Plants Growing Habits
This article wants to sort out some of the problems that you will encounter when growing indoor hydroponic plants; there are four types of hydroponic plants that you often encounter: leafy vegetables, herbs, fruits, floral
Before we discuss the problems encountered, we need to have a certain understanding of the similarities and differences of these four types of plants before we can have a deeper understanding of the problems they cause.
Similarities of Four types of plants:
- From seed germination to seedling stage, seedling stage to flowering and fruiting stage, and finally decay and death.
- These four types of plants are all hydroponic plants.
Differences of Four types of plants:
- The edible parts of leafy vegetables and herbs are leaves of plants, the edible parts of fruits are fruits, and flowers are not edible and are only for ornamental purposes.
- Under suitable environmental conditions, the harvest time of leafy vegetables is faster, about 30 to 45 days on average, and the harvest of fruit plants is slower, generally about 2 to 3 months. The first bud of flowers generally blooms in about 2 to 2.5 months.
Four types of plant pruning methods:
1. Leafy vegetables: just remove the old yellow leaves in the later stage.
When leafy vegetables grow to about 10-20 cm, the old leaves will wither when the leaves at the lower part of the plant are not exposed to light. Removing the old leaves will help the plants to avoid wasting nutrients and prevent the old leaves from becoming moldy and rotten.
2. Herbs: Trim the terminal shoots of the plant to promote lateral growth of the plant.
3. Fruits: Tomato pruning parts are the lower lateral buds of leaves. Cut off the side buds to promote the upward growth of the plant and differentiate flower buds as soon as possible.
Erase the side buds to promote early flowering, and later growth requires trimming the yellow leaves at the bottom.
Pepper pruning requires the plant to have 7~8 leaves. When the height is 10~15 cm, cut off 3~4 leaves even from the stem.
4. Flowers: It can be pruned or not. After flower pruning, more branches can sprout, and the height of the plant can also be reduced. The specific pruning method is to cut off the head with the stem, which is similar to the pruning method of pepper.
1. Leafy vegetables: Under suitable conditions, taking lettuce as an example, it can be harvested and used as soon as 28 days. Harvest when ten plants fill the entire hydroponic box and are slightly crowded. Simply cut the plant from the rhizome when harvesting
2. Herbs: In a suitable environment, taking basil as an example, you can start pruning after 5 or 6 leaves, and eat as you like.
3. Fruits: Under suitable conditions, taking dwarf tomato as an example, flower buds begin to differentiate and fruit set after 40 days. As soon as 70 days, the earliest flowering fruit turns red and evenly red is ripe.
Suggesting Hydroponic Garden System:
If you want to try these 4 types hydroponic plants on your own, you can choose our Hydroponic Garden System.
The J&C I-Shape 002 10-pod LED hydroponics growing system smart herb garden is made for those who have no enough space for indoor gardening but also want to grow fresh food without a green thumb.
The Big capacity water tank ( 4.5L ) with 4mm thickness sturdy design offering your indoor vegetable garden system un-worried condition.
Post time: Feb-27-2022